Saturday, October 30, 2010

starting the weekend off on a good note

today, i am feeling can't-help-but-have-a-wee-billion-watt-smile-on-at-all-times happy. because yesterday i came home and there was something and someone in the house, and i'd been waiting two and a half years for this exact moment, for this exact someone and this exact something to be in this exact place.
i'm exactly happy.

[besides the fact that this morning, my hot chocolate tastes like swamp water. that is disgusting.]

but the point is not that.
the point is that karz called yesterday shortly after i got home and i made her guess what the something in my house was, because i love making people guess things.
i excitedly gave her hints, and barclay chimed in with his own from the kitchen where he was making supper:

"it's got some really sharp places."
"and some really flat places too."
"hammers!"
"it's black and white and brown all over."
"strings and pedals!"
"keys, but no locks."

she guessed computer, coat rack, couch, and tv before she guessed what it actually was. i don't think she was listening to my clues very well.

17 comments:

Kayla said...

Oh my gosh I just got one of those too!! Isn't it exciting?!?!? You must post pictures.

Aimee Beta said...

A Piano!!! Is that what it was? So awesome!

Chess said...

Hoo boy I wish I had a piano in my house right now. I miss playing. There's one at my parents', but I guess being a student, a piano wouldn't be such a smart purchase. Hahaha, enjoy the new addition to your family! :-)

Allie Garcia said...

its a piano! and mozart? who is the someone?

Rebecca said...

oh the joys of a piano in the home. i have a dinky little keyboard they wobbles away if i play too hard. have so much fun with that!!!

Julie said...

Will you play Clementi on your new piano?

Hannah-Leanne said...

PIANO!!!!
A big, 88 key piano? Where did it come from??? Is it yours to keep? Will you learn a song for me to hear at Christmas?

Jessica Lynn said...

WHAT WAS IT?!?! Hah.

Jessica Lynn said...

OHhhhh, haha I just got it. I read the clues again...silly me :P

CONGRATS SUZY! I know you've wanted one forever, and now you can teach :D

MySpecialAgent said...

Piano?

Steven Cain said...

Oh my! That surprise would make swampy cocoa quite all right indeed! Congratulations to you both.

Jen Glen said...

Okay, I did not get it, but that was b/c I was confused by the clues! I thought hammers was one of Carly's answers, as was "strings and pedals." So maybe I'm not so bright. But NOW I get it. (I'm half blaming you though for my ignorance!) :)

Amy @ AGirlCalledBeloved said...

Big Big congrats to you! I would love to have one someday!

Kara said...

A piano, WHEEEEEE!

I have a pretty aweomse one too :)

Anonymous said...

JEALOUS!!!!! You got a marvelous piano!!!!!!! Yay for you :)

suzy said...

yes a piano!! yay.

julie: i may. i'm going to play everything i can get my HANDS on! :)

jen glen: you can't blame me. everyone else seemed to get it. except my dad. poor dad. he was pretty lost.

hannah: yes. Christmas it is. :D

Holly Knitlightly said...

AHHHHHHHH! YAY!!!!!!!!!! You finally got it! :) I'm so glad I read your engagement story the other day so I understand it, hehe. Have tons of fun playing on it!! So happy for you.