Wednesday, April 29, 2009

world's unhappiest lady goes shopping

i love the grocery store!
it's my tuesday thing to do. i go to the superstore, buy something good smelling (like body wash or shampoo or conditioner or soap) and wander the food aisles with the open bottle right underneath my sniffer and a big smile on. i walk down the cereal aisle, just to admire it all. i love cereal.
yesterday though, i saw this lady who did not feel the same about the grocery store as i do. she had a huge loaf of bread flopped over the crook of her right arm and a big green bin full of produce. she had a bigger frown than i have ever seen, perhaps even the size of a banana. she stormed out of the bakery aisle, planted herself firmly in the middle of the frozen foods section, and said, loudly, crankily, and to no one in particular, "WE NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE. SERIOUSLY!" it was wierd. i've seen people talk to themselves, but never witnessed someone yelling at themselves. i wanted to give her a hug and a bottle of apricot shampoo and take her down the cereal aisle, see if that wouldn't brighten her up a bit. but she looked like she might break me if i tried talking to her. so i took my apricot shampoo and wandered back up the cereal aisle.
and i smell lovely today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

heehee...I grocery shop with a frown on my face too...but that's just cause i'm concentrating...I really do enjoy it too :)

Mrs. Wilson said...

Oh wow. Um, maybe a bit of schitzophrenia? (NO IDEA HOW TO SPELL THAT! OBVIOUSLY!)

I'm glad you smell so good like apricots :)

Jen Glen said...

You make me smile! I, on the other hand, greatly detest grocery shopping, which I'm doing in about 15 minutes. Maybe I should try the old shampoo trick b/c I do LOVE the cereal aisle. Craig and I made a pack when we got married that no matter how poor we were, we would NEVER skimp on cereal. And we never have. Come on over if you're ever craving Cheerios, Capt'n Crunch, Corn Pops, Honey Nut Cheerios, Fruit Loops....