Sunday, March 8, 2009

pow! right in the kisser

i like to remember firsts. you know, first airplane ride (florida), first broken bone (my leg, grade one), first man i killed (kidding). well yesterday, march 7th, i had another first.
first time getting closed-fist-eyes-watering-nose-cracking-punched-in-the-face.
it's a long story.
but i'll tell you anyways.
so yesterday i did some fun things. went for lunch and shopping with kate and robyn. played some music with robyn. had supper at barclay's house. went to a games night at the hills, where i played some dutch blitz and speed scrabble (cuz i live in the fast lane). went to mike's house.
but then.
it was about 2 in the morning. give or take a half hour or more (i just honestly had no real concept of time). either way, it was late. i went home, came into my house. it was pitch black--my roommate was sleeping. i got my regular skin crawling shivers from my regular thinking about murderers in the shadows. i crept downstairs and quickly hopped into bed.
but i kept hearing things. creaks. footsteps? no...maybe...i don't know. i usually "hear things", but its always nothing. but last night, i was SURE, i was POSITIVE i heard something. i pulled my covers up to my chin, because somehow i feel safer that way.
that's when it happened.
this is where the story gets really anticlimactic really fast.
as i was pulling the sheets up to my chin, they slipped from my grip, but my hand kept coming.
and i punched my own lights out.
and it hurt.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh boy ...

Anonymous said...

oh suzi... are u ok?? do u have a shiner to show for this?

Anonymous said...

oh suzi... are u ok?? do u have a shiner to show for this?

Anonymous said...

heehee...lamewad :) Suzy I love and miss you and your fun stories!