Wednesday, June 25, 2008

UNCLEAN! UNCLEAN!

i'm pretty dang sure i met a leper today. i am not exaggerating--when he reached across the counter to pay for his staples (haha, he was buying staples at staples), flakes of his skin fell from his hands. his...scabby...red....and white...flaky...hands... and i gave him a pen to sign the credit card paper, and he left skin on it. and i threw it away. but not til after he left. i'm not rude--i just don't want leprosy. especially not on beach day.
yes, it was beach day at staples. on beach day, we all wear hawaiian leis and grass skirts and pretend like we're having oh so much fun selling paper and pens just cuz it's beach day. because apparently it's fun to dress up like you're going somewhere fun when you're really at the last place on earth you want to be. in my humble opinion, it's a bit like baking an apple pie, and putting it on a plate with a scoop of ice cream, maybe even going so far as to stick a spoon in it...and then just looking at it. those jerks.

4 comments:

Megs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Megs said...

I've been a cashier for terribly long, and I'm pretty sure that would be on disgusting thing to ever encounter...but I did have someone practically hack up their lung right on my counter, and I'm pretty sure that I had the look of fear, and panic....and I'm pretty sure they took about 5 minutes to get their money out. And I'm pretty sure I put hand sanitizor all over my computer, debit and counter after they left...and I'm pretty sure that all the customers after her were deathly afraid that they were going to catch what ever invaded that persons lungs....

Anonymous said...

Suzy. You're hilarious. I'm at the Honey Bee office right now, so I can't really laugh out loud at your blog postings, but inside I'm pretty much peeing myself. I miss you!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.